Sunday, January 7, 2018

Let the sun shine

Well, this is nice. From Sarah Silverman's response to a Twitter troll is a master class in compassion by Jennifer van Evra.

Some years ago my oldest son showed me a clip of Sarah Silverman whom he regarded as fairly witty. I have been vaguely aware of her since then. That clip, and small vignettes since then, have not affected the original impression - just another crude, mouthy, over-sharing, know-nothing with a quick wit trying to pass off pseudo-social justice bromides as edgy or profound humor.

It is wonderful to have a negative impression, if not invalidated, at least challenged.

Read the whole piece. There was an openness and generosity of spirit from Silverman which I had not seen before. I hope to see more of it and hope that she is seen as a shining example in this regard by her peers in the entertainment industry where the flame of misanthropy burns so bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment