Tuesday, October 25, 2016

It’s just this war and that lying son of a bitch Johnson

There is an embarrassing article in the Washington Post, How angry does Donald Trump make me? Angry enough to steal 40 Trump signs. by Betta Stothart.

The substance is that a privileged woman got angry at the idea that her neighbors supported Donald Trump and went on a rampage stealing their yard signs. She was caught and cited and is now complaining and self-justifying in what I imagine she anticipated would be a sympathetic forum.

Stothart essentially describes herself as a crazy woman and that is the reason for her actions.
But this election, a particular candidate’s boasts about women pushed me over the edge.

[snip]

Which is how three middle-aged moms came to be running down the road, tearing up the Donald Trump signs along our version of Main Street.

[snip]

We were angry.

[snip]

We felt assaulted by the number of signs.

[snip]

The officer was kind, informing us that we had stolen someone else’s personal property, which had not really entered into my mind while I was doing it.

[snip]

Reflecting back, I realize that I momentarily snapped.

[snip]

I became unhinged.

[snip]

This is the source of my rage against Donald Trump. It’s why I committed a crime.
I have little sympathy for BLM and SJW and their accusations of privilege but it is the Stotharts of the world which lend their accusations credence.

Rich, educated, white writer commits a series of crimes in order to suppress the free speech of her fellow citizens and cause financial damage and then is allowed to write an article explaining her behavior because she just snapped. What privilege indeed.

I came across this via Ann Althouse who does a thorough fisking.

I am confident it was not her intent but Stothart comes across as having the same mindset as that of the abusive boyfriend in Forrest Gump, explaining his abuse:
Wesley: Jenny? Things got a little out of hand. It’s just this war and that lying son of a bitch Johnson and…I would never hurt you. You know that.



As for a sympathetic audience, the comments seem to indicate that there is little patience for people taking the law into their own hands in order to suppress speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment